The United States is a country with well developed legal system. However, you still can find some strange and funny laws that has some meaning long ago in the historical perspectives, but they never been changed by state lawmakers.
Console yourself with these real standing laws from around the United States of America that nobody pays attention to either.
1. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.
2. You may not drive barefooted.
3. Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
4. It is illegal to wear a fake moustache that causes laughter in church.
5. You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
1. While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
2. It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
1. Any misdemeanor committed while wearing a red mask is considered a felony.
2. Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
3. When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person possesses.
4. It is unlawful to refuse a person a glass of water.
1. A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
2. Oral sex is considered to be sodomy.
3. Alligators may not be kept in bathtubs.
1. Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of water.
2. Women may not drive in a house coat.
3. No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.
1. It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.
2. Tags may be ripped off of pillows and mattresses.
1. You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
2. You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
3. It is illegal to dispose of used razor blades.
1. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
2. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
3. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
4. One may not commit any “unnatural acts” with another person.
5. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
6. It is illegal to sell your children.
7. It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
8. When having sex, only the missionary position is legal.
9. You may not fart in a public place after 6 PM.
10. Oral sex is illegal.
11. You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.
1. All sex toys are banned.
2. No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.
1. All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
2. Coins are not allowed to be placed in one’s ears.
1. Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime.
1. It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and other domesticated animal kept as pets.
2. You must contact the police before entering the city in an automobile.
1. Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
2. Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
3. Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.
4. A three dollar fine per pack will be imposed on anyone playing cards in Indiana under the Act for the Prevention of Gaming.
5. Oral sex is illegal.
6. A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.
1. Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
2. A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
3. One-armed piano players must perform for free.
1. No one may catch fish with his bare hands.
1. By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."
2. It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
3. It is illegal to fish with a bow and arrow in Kentucky.
4. No female shall appear in a bathing suit on any highway within this state unless she be escorted by at least two officers.
1. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a water pistol.
2. Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
3. Persons could land in jail for up to ten years for stealing an alligator.
4. One could land in jail for up to a year for making a false promise.
1. You may not step out of a plane in flight.
2. After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.
1. Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
2. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and securely locked.
3. An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.
4. Shooting ranges may not set up targets that resemble human beings.
5. Taxi drivers are prohibited from making love in the front seat of their taxi during their shifts.
6. It is illegal to go to bed without first having a full bath.
7. A woman can not be on top in sexual activities.
1. No man may seduce and corrupt an unmarried girl, or else he risks five years in prison.
2. A woman isn’t allowed to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
1. It is illegal to stand around any building without a good reason to be there.
2. It is illegal to sleep naked.
3. Oral sex is prohibited.
4. It is illegal for any man to have sexual intercourse with a live fish.
1. If one is a parent to two illegitimate children, that person will go to jail for at least one month.
2. It is illegal to teach others what polygamy is.
3. A man may not seduce a woman by lying, and claiming he will marry her.
4. Adultery or Fornication (living togeather while not married or having sex with someone that is not your spouse) results in a fine of $500 and/or 6 months in prison.
5. Unnatural intercourse, if both parties voluntarily participate, results in a maximum sentence of 10 years and $10,000.
1. It is illegal to have oral sex.
2. It is not illegal to speed.
1. One may not pretend to abuse an animal in the presence of a minor.
2. It is a felony for a wife to open her husband’s mail.
3. In Montana, it is illegal for married women to go fishing alone on Sundays, and illegal for unmarried women to fish alone at all.
4. It is illegal for a man and a woman to have sex in any other position other than missionary style.
1. Persons with gonorrhea may not marry.
2. It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
1. It’s still “legal” to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property.
1. You cannot sell the clothes you are wearing to pay off a gambling debt.
2. You may not tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.
1. It is illegal to wear a bullet-proof vest while committing a murder.
2. One must yield a phone line to a person if it is an emergency.
3. All motorists must honk before passing another car, bicyclist, skater, and even a skateboarder.
4. It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
5. It is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.
1. Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
2. Citizens may not greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
3. The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
4. While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
1. Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
2. While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled.
3. If a man and a woman who aren’t married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then, according to state law, they are legally married.
4. It is illegal to have sex in a churchyard.
5. Oral sex is considered a crime against nature.
6. A marriage can be declared void if either of the two persons is physically impotent.
7. Persons in possession of illegal substances must pay taxes on them.
1. It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
1. It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
2. Breast feeding is not allowed in public.
3. It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
4. No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.
1. It is illegal for the owner of a bar to allow anyone inside to pretend to have sex with a buffalo.
2. Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
3. Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another’s hamburger.
4. People who make “ugly faces” at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
5. Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punishable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
6. Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
7. It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
8. It is illegal to have sex before you are married.
1. It is illegal to place a container filled with human fecal matter on the side of any highway.
2. It is illegal to whisper “dirty” things in your lover’s ear during sex.
3. Ice cream may not be eaten on Sundays.
4. Canned corn is not to be used as bait for fishing.
1. It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel.
2. Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.
3. A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
4. You may not sing in the bathtub.
5. Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.
6. You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
1. No one may bite off another’s leg.
2. Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.
3. One must make a loud noise before passing a car on the left.
1. By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
2. Fortune tellers are required to obtain a special permit from the state.
3. No work may be done on Sunday.
4. It is considered an offense to get a tattoo.
5. Horses may not be kept in bathtubs.
6. It is perfectly legal to beat your wife on the court steps on Sundays.
7. It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
8. A person must be eighteen years old to play a pinball machine.
1. Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner are forbidden.
2. If there are more than 5 Native Americans on your property you may shoot them.
1. It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
2. More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.
3. Stealing a horse is punishable by hanging.
4. No Christian parent may require their children to pick up trash from the highway on Easter day.
5. Driving is not to be done while asleep.
6. Interracial marriages are illegal.
7. Skunks may not be carried into the state.
1. It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.
2. It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
3. A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
4. Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.
5. The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
1. It is illegal not to drink milk.
2. It is illegal to detonate any nuclear weapon.
3. A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.
4. No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call.
1. Women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
2. It is illegal to deny the existence of God.
1. Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
2. If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.
3. You may not have oral or anal sex.
4. It is illegal to tickle women.
1. No person may walk about in public if he or she has the common cold.
2. All lollipops are banned.
3. A law to reduce crime states: “It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town.
4. It is illegal to pretend that one’s parents are rich.
1. Unmarried couple who live together and “lewdly associate” with one another may face up to a year in prison.
2. It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
3. If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.
1. The state definition of rape stated that it was a man having sex with a woman he knows not to be his wife.
2. It is illegal to kiss on a train.
3. It is illegal to cut a woman’s hair.
1. It is illegal for women to stand within five feet of a bar while drinking.
2. You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.
3. Skiing under the influence of alcohol is prohibited.
Sources and Additional Information: